Monday, December 1, 2008

Incest is Subjective

Ok, according to the law, it isn't. But I do have a point. It seems that most people end up having someone in their lives that they consider a brother or a sister even though they are not related. But then what happens when you grow up and realize that you are perfect for each other? That no one knows you quite like they do? That you may not have realized it before, but wow, they look damn fine. That's when things get complicated. I mean, it's practically incest!

So let me back up. Seventh grade. New Kid at school walks in the door. He's the hottest thing since Dave became basketball captain last month. Everyone wants him. And he wants you. It's great. Or at least it should be, but you're too wrapped up in Billy to notice that New Kid wants you. That's pretty much the beginning of my story. There's a whole lot more to that part of it, but that's not the point right now.

Despite my idiocy and inability to recognize that he was actually interested in me, New Kid and I became really good friends. The kind of friend that lasts. Sometime in eighth grade, his family had some troubles and we offered the extra rooms in our house to them because we had become pretty close with them. New Kid had a brother, Tattoos, that was in my sister's grade. They also had two younger siblings, and their mom was pretty close with my mom. They lived with us for a couple weeks where we all became even closer. They became our family. So fastforward to the present day.

New Kid has a girlfriend, so no, that's not where this is going. Bet that's what you thought, wasn't it? Well you were wrong. Tattoos. Is. Hot. He grew up quite well. And I am lucky enough work with him when I am home over the summer. And it seems that we tend to be on the same page quite often when it comes to troubles with the opposite sex. And there is definitely some flirtatiousness when summer rolls around and work gets boring. But it all comes down to incest. It would be so weird for us to be together because he's practically my brother. His family is my family. So I will continue to admire from afar, and one of these days we'll both find someone and we will both be happy and I will forget all about my incestuous thoughts. And plus, if we did end up together, then Florida Bitch would be my sister-in-law. And THAT is just not acceptable.

1 comment: