Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We'll paint the town Blue cuz baby red is just so passe

The minute I saw him watching me dance from across the room, I knew I would have to get up the courage to talk to him by the end of the night. Blue was just my type- clean cut, tall, gorgeous blue eyes, even more gorgeous smile. And he was interested. In me. I had one more drink to chase away any shyness, and found a way to casually make my way over and strike up a conversation. I managed to pull him away from his group of friends a bit and started flirting the best I knew how. Apparently it worked.... an hour and a great conversation later, I had a number :)

This being the facebook obsessed world that it is, Blue found me on facebook later that week and we started messaging back and forth. Eventually we decided to go out on a date and talk a bit more in person without the alcohol and the friends in the way. And let me tell you... it was one of the top three dates I have ever been on. Dinner, putt putt, driving around trying to find an ice cream shop that was still open by then, checking out motorcycles... ok sounds a little cheesy maybe but wow it was amazing. I didn't want to stop spending time with him. Which is why I was baffled when Blue dropped me off with no goodnight kiss and then proceeded to speed out of my driveway before I even got to the door like he couldn't get away fast enough. I could not figure out what happened. However, since it was a first date, I didn't take it too personally. Sometimes things just don't work out.

...Which is why I was even more baffled when a couple weeks later, right before I was supposed to go back to school, Blue texted me to see if I wasnted to go out again. I was anxious to give it another chance and see if there was some reason behind the awkward end of the night. So I arranged a fun night with a few friends, so there was a safety cushion if things were too awkward. And they were. This date would go in the bottom three. It. was. awful. There was no connection, no spark, no fun, nothing. I couldn't wait to drop him back off (due to a recent injury on his part I had to drive that night) and I began to wonder what the heck I ever saw in him.

Of course, being the forgiving person that I am, I decided to give Blue yet another chance when I was home one weekend from school. We had stayed in touch a bit, with the occasional text or facebook message. I thought why not, we'll see how it goes this time. Aside from ending up having to walk about a mile each way to and from a party in my favorite high heels (ouch... the bruise under my toenail from that is still growing out...) and being awkwardly dressed very nicely when apparently it was an eighties theme party... it was another amazing evening. Blue was incredibly flirty, and even ventured to make a bit of physical contact that he as of yet hadn't even hinted at. And that first kiss. Wow. I'm not sure if it was the waiting or the unexpectedness or just raw chemistry, but it was amazing. We decided pretty shortly to head back to his place to hang out a bit. And fool around a bit. We ditched the friends we were with as soon as we could, and headed up to his apartment. And from the moment we stepped on the elevator he could not keep his hands off me. We made our way to his room, where the clothes came off bit by bit. I briefly considered slowing down, blah blah, keeping my dignity and respect, but then just thought forget it. And continued to have an amazing time with him.

And then I had to go back to school again. Why did I think it would be a good idea to go away to school? Yea I'm still trying to figure that out. But anyways, once again, kept in contact a bit. And we went out again next time I was home and had almost as much fun as the last time :)

But then after that I kind of got bored. I realized that while we had a decent amount of physical chemistry, ok a lot bit of physical chemistry, we had nothing in common and nothing to talk about. We started re-telling the same stories by that fourth date. And I found myself once again kind of looking forward to the end of the date. So basically after that we just kind of lost contact. When I was home over break we saw each other a few times at the bar where we met, and it was good to see him but there was just no spark. Which was depressing because come on, Blue was pretty. I did consider hooking up with him before I came back to school just for fun, but that never happened. He never responded to my message until the day after I had to come back to school. Damn bad timing. And now he has a girlfiend. I can't say that I'm jealous of her, but I am a little sad that I didn't get that last fling with him that I was hoping for. But I will always get satisfaction from the fact that I am way cuter than her :-P

No comments: