Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Moving Out

So it's time for a new apartment.

The dishes in the sink, I could deal with. The clutter everywhere, I could handle. Even the loud crazy nights with random guests, I could put up with.

The complete disrespect for me as a person? Absolutely not. And the temper tantrums, and the middle school attitude and the constant mocking, that I cannot deal with. I mean who flips out and stomps around and slams doors because their roommate forgot that they watch Gossip Girl at 8 every Monday and happened to turn on House at the same time? If there had been a rational discussion involved, I would have gladly gone to my room to watch House. But no. Immediate temper tantrum.

And when a fourth roommate asks you and the five random guys that you have in the living room at five in the morning to please be quiet so they can sleep, who bangs on the wall and mocks them loud enough for the whole building to hear and slam cupboards and stomp around just to spite them?

Not to mention a complete blow up after a sign above the sink asking please and thank you put your dishes in the dishwasher.

And having the apartment trashed and your roommates expecting you to clean it up and being completely bewildered when you don't.

And you asking your roommate to pick up something for you and having her respond "well I can't cater to your every need so don't expect me to always be able to do favors for you".

And those are just a minority of the examples I could give. Just the tip of the iceberg, most recent examples. Trust me, there are plenty more where those came from.

I never expected a perfect roommate. I mean, I have admittedly done things that are less than mature. But I mean come on, these two roommates are acting like children. You can't make this stuff up. I have never imagined that any person who is 21 years old would act like that. It is honestly like watching an ill-mannered five year old when their mother refuses them a piece of candy in the checkout lane in the grocery store. It's absolutely ridiculous.

So in light of that behavior, on top of the personal attacks I have been getting from my roommate who is also my former best friend here at school, I have been working on moving out of this apartment. I don't think I should be expected to live like this. And that's all I have to say I guess :-P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AGREED! I cannot take much more of them.